Welcome to Marauder Moments - a chronicle of the Mortimer Street Marauders; the games we play, the rules we use, the figures we play with and the scenery they fight over. Hope you enjoy these pages and maybe call back to catch up with our escapades.

Monday 28 September 2015

Neopolitan Guard - Real dapper dandies!

This is one regiment I have wanted since seeing them on one of those glossy unfashionably shiny sites somewhere. These aren't Connoisseur Miniatures like the ones I saw but hey!  

Neopolitan Guards looking every bit as great as I hoped!
These are Victrix French plastics with Grenadier heads. There's a lot of variety of pose in these sets and great value too.

This shot shows the colour party. Now, I know that these chaps had a rearing horse atop their standard, well this is as close as I could get, a plastic horse banner top from Warlord's Roman set. It gets my vote, cheers Tony MP.
 The flag is by GMB Designs.        

Great sculpts. Every face tells a story, mostly "Why aren't I back in Naples with Mama and plenty pasta?"

Note the barber pole with the standard.

The whole 36 strong regiment lines out to fire, Swiss skulk behind the village in support. 
These were painted by Barry Hill's talented people, hi Barry and family! I highlighted the pink with something brighter as I did the light blue, I just need my toys to "pop" from across the table. Once again these are my take on this regiment and I am damn pleased with the outcome, cheers Barry.

I have a load more units to show off soon so stay tuned. We also playing a series of three linked games which might make it as a series of batreps soon, God knows it's been a while.    

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Great use of the Victrix set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was bloody quick Chasseur! Glad you likey, Jeremy

      Delete
  2. Great looking bunch. I'll have to remember these fellows and paint some someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to share your results! Cheers for commenting, Jeremy

      Delete
  3. prettiest painted unit I ever seen! - marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that is high praise - let's hope they fight as well as they look...

      Delete
  4. Splendid, absolutly splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil - you summed it up very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Job !!!
    I have painted 28mm Neapolitans recently myself and used Victrix figures . I painted up 2 line and 1 light infantry units. For the rearing horse finials I used Franznaps 1/72 command packs and with glue, plus some green stuff added them to my flagpoles-look great and are nicely to scale IMHO .I can email you some pics if you'd like to judge ok just email me at grecian1959@yahoo.com
    cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful unit, and a fine addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These chaps will join my Italians I think as they are at least geographically related! Thanks for the compliment Lawrence.

      Delete
  8. Very cool looking unit, have wanted to do a Neapolitan army for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's some real colour and flair in this army and they're a bit different too! Go for it Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, that's how napoleonics should look

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeremy I hate to tell you, no self respecting Kingdom of Italy unit would be seen near these Fops 😜
    I brigade them with my Westfalians its my
    "Lost Boys Brigade" . Hide or bury in terrain roll the dice and pray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fancy pants! Great you have ticket a long wanted box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful unit - but will they stand!! Really lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are outstanding. It's so difficult to get bright colors to look right. You've done a great job pulling it off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are brilliant... why do they put me in mind of Battenburg cake? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks everyone for the kind comments, next up is another I have wanted for a long time, The Corsican Tirailleurs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheers Carlo, Barry Hill did a splendid job on these. They are in action in our present game, attached to the Middle Guard, no pressure there then!
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete